Re: becoming root...

"B.Hakvoort" <bart hakvoort be> writes:

> Of course i could use libgnomesu, but this would add another dependancy
> to my application which is a bit overkill imho.
>
> I think i'll drop it for now and later on when i've got some more time
> i'll try to write my own 'su-wrapper' or something.

Well, you asked for comments so here's one - a dependency is a good
thing, it frees you from doing almost any work, both maintainance and
initial work, is probably better than what you would have done
yourself (also security-wise), and gives you the fuzzy warm feeling of
cooperation. :-)

> Anyway, thanks for the answer and if anyone has something to add..
> please feel free :)

If you are lucky, something will dump out of the blue sky. I think the
problem is being examined and worked on. But OTOH it might take a
couple of years more... :-)

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/