Re: Widget to play movies

Arthur Maciel <arthurmaciel gmail com> writes:

> I want to have a widget that can show movies, like avi files.
> I'm not sure which one to use. Could you point to me documentation on that?
> Thank you very much.

I believe that the Totem movie player has a widget called "bacon".

  http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/

You could try having a look at that. It will be plain GTK+, of
course, but it should not be too hard to incorporate it. Otherwise
another option is to use gstreamer directly:

  http://www.gstreamer.net/

If you look at the list of applications, there should be some examples
you can get inspiration from.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/