Re: cairo sample application

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 16:36 -0600, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> On 12/7/05, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> > > Nice.  I did something similar but using cairomm to translate the
> > > gnomejournal.org article
> > > (http://gnomejournal.org/article/34/writing-a-widget-using-cairo-and-gtk28)
> > > from gtk to gtkmm, so the program itself is rather boring and doesn't
> > > actually keep time since I didn't pursue it any farther than the end
> > > of the article referenced above.  The disadvantage of mine is that it
> > > requires gtkmm and cairomm from cvs, but you can see it here if you're
> > > interested: http://download.gna.org/colorscheme/etc/cairommtest/.  I'm
> > > really excited for the Gtkmm/Cairomm stuff to be released.  It should
> > > really improve the graphics functionality in gtkmm.  Pretty soon we'll
> > > have all sorts of gtk-based analog clocks to choose from :)
> >
> > Excellent.
> >
> > I think we should use this for the examples/book/drawing_area/ example in
> > cvs instead of the rather minimal code that's there now. Feel free to make
> > the changes in HEAD if you have cvs write access, or submit a patch to
> > bugzilla.
> >
> > Murray Cumming
> > murrayc murrayc com
> > www.murrayc.com
> > www.openismus.com
> >

> Hi Murray.  I've been doing some work on the drawing area chapter of
> the gtkmm tutorial to update it for the new Cairomm stuff.  I've got
> quite a bit done already, but it's not complete.  I'm not sure what
> sort of version control policies exist for the gtkmm project -- would
> you prefer me to complete the full patch and commit it all at once?
> or do it piece by piece?  I don't have cvs access so I'd have to file
> patches on bugzilla in any case.

An all-at-once patch would be easiest for you and me, unless there are
clearly separate parts that you are working on.

I'll probably give you cvs write access after a while. Many thanks for
your efforts.

> By the way, what's your opinion on updating the look of the tutorial?

That would be good.

> Currently it's just the default docbook to html stylesheets I believe.
>  Ideally I wanted to convert it to using the GNOME stylesheets (i.e.
> what's used for yelp) but I couldn't figure out how to do that
> exactly.

I'll try to investigate that. I'd prefer to use an existing stylesheet
instead of making our own.

>   I've done some customizations in my working copy to make it
> look similar to the gnome help style -- would you be interested in
> that sort of patch as well?  Take a look here:
[snip]

www.openismus.com