Re: cairo sample application

On 12/6/05, writser <writser xs4all nl> wrote:
> hey all,
>
> To demonstrate how to use gtkmm with cairo (and to find it out myself) I
> wrote a small demo. 'Cairoclock' displays a scalable clock and allows
> you to export it to a PNG image. You can download it here:
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~writser/cairoclock/. No hyperadvanced algorithms,
> but the code is heavily commented so perhaps it's useful for some new
> developers. If you have any suggestions be my guest! :)

Nice.  I did something similar but using cairomm to translate the
gnomejournal.org article
(http://gnomejournal.org/article/34/writing-a-widget-using-cairo-and-gtk28)
from gtk to gtkmm, so the program itself is rather boring and doesn't
actually keep time since I didn't pursue it any farther than the end
of the article referenced above.  The disadvantage of mine is that it
requires gtkmm and cairomm from cvs, but you can see it here if you're
interested: http://download.gna.org/colorscheme/etc/cairommtest/.  I'm
really excited for the Gtkmm/Cairomm stuff to be released.  It should
really improve the graphics functionality in gtkmm.  Pretty soon we'll
have all sorts of gtk-based analog clocks to choose from :)

Jonathon