Re: Equivalent to Xt translation manager (XtAppAddActions() etc.)?

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 17:53 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:

> So how are the high-level widget signals (like item selection, button
> press etc.) implemented, then? Via lots of explicit tests etc. in event
> handlers? In Xt those were also defined via the translation manager, I
> believe...

i think you're mixing different things here.

mouse button press is a low level X event. widget button press is a
fairly complex thing to handle, and it was complex in Xt as well.
however, its handled entirely by a GtkButton widget; it is rare that app
code has to deal with it unless the app is implementing a new button
widget type, which is unusual.

item selection is handled by explicit and complex code but only in the
base type of widget(s) that do such things. it does not need to be coded
over and over again.