Re: [gtkmm] MSVC build - WRAP_METHOD, WRAP_SIGNAL... macros are where?

rj vivens dk wrote:
Getting to know m4 / autoconf or whatever is used for the WRAP_XXX macros,
I would like to know where I can find the m4 macros used pervasively in
all .hg files.

glibmm/tools/m4. You should also read the txt files in glibmm/docs/internal.

The class declarations doesn't appear to be wrapped in anything (the
'class ____ {}' themselves), which they will need to be to add dllimport /
dllexport code in an elegant manner.

AFAIK the class are explicitly declared in the hg files (no m4 magic). Therefore, you'll have to manually edit all the hg files and add the relevant __declspec(dllimport/export) declarations. That's the big advantage of using mingw32-gcc and the --export-all-symbols option at link time: there is no need to modify the original source code. Everything is exported, as in .so files.

Alternatively you might want to have a look at the solution used by the mico team (http://www.mico.org) who developed the win32def tool to create a msvc def file where all symbols are exported. Search for "mico" and "win32def" in google for details.

Could anybody please tell me if someone a lot more qualified is working on
an msvc solution - don't want to make a fool of myself :)

Personally, I have no time to support Visual Studio. I also prefer using free tools when available.

Cedric