Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm and MSVC 2003

Am 24.09.2004 07:25:04 schrieb(en) Frank Naumann:
Hello1

I'm using the prebuilt packages from here:
http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/ <http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/%7Egustin/win32_ports/> which currently use
version 2.0.3 from the pkg-config output. The program compiles
perfectly using gcc within Msys, but fails in MSVC. Both environments
compile bare gtk+ apps perfectly.

As libsigc++ 2 don't compile under MSVC 2003

It should compile according to other users (e.g. Timothy <tshead k-3d com> and James Lin <jameslin vmware com>). However there is still a runtime problem (assertions in most programs). I'm awaiting a patch for this.

you can't use MSVC 2003
for gtkmm 2.4. I got a message that libsigc++ 2 may compile ok under MSVC 2005 (which I don't looked at it yet).

libsigc++ 1.2 and gtkmm 2.2 compile ok under MSVC 2003.

I'm unfamiliar with m4 and running them through a simple "m4 slot.h.m4
slot.h" and then placing that file in the correct location caused a
load more errors to do with sigc not being in the global namespace. I tried running autogen.sh, ac.local, and many other commands to set it
up properly under cygwin but I couldn't seem to do it.

First run configure and make of msys to generate and compile all files. Then you can try to compile with MSVC.

You needn't do any of this. The sources generated from the .m4 files have always been included in the tarballs!

Regards,

 Martin