Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm and MSVC 2003

Hello1

I'm using the prebuilt packages from here:
http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/ <http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/%7Egustin/win32_ports/> which currently use
version 2.0.3 from the pkg-config output. The program compiles
perfectly using gcc within Msys, but fails in MSVC. Both environments
compile bare gtk+ apps perfectly.

As libsigc++ 2 don't compile under MSVC 2003 you can't use MSVC 2003 for gtkmm 2.4. I got a message that libsigc++ 2 may compile ok under MSVC 2005 (which I don't looked at it yet).

libsigc++ 1.2 and gtkmm 2.2 compile ok under MSVC 2003.

I'm unfamiliar with m4 and running them through a simple "m4 slot.h.m4
slot.h" and then placing that file in the correct location caused a
load more errors to do with sigc not being in the global namespace. I
tried running autogen.sh, ac.local, and many other commands to set it
up properly under cygwin but I couldn't seem to do it.

First run configure and make of msys to generate and compile all files. Then you can try to compile with MSVC.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060