Re: [gtkmm] cannot make gtkmm-2.2.12 (with MinGW for MSVC)

It's a tad off topic for the list but I might as well repeat it.

The C++ ABI, although agreed, is still not implemented perfectly by all
(any?) compiler(s). What that means in plain English is that you should
build everything you wish to link together with the _same_ compiler and
linker.

The C ABI has been standard for a long time now so you can mix and match
as you wish. Thus gtk+ is easier to use from a compilation point of view
than gtkmm.

Having said all that, C is a lot older than C++ which in language terms
is still relatively new ( crazy for a 20 year old language but true. )

It takes an age to standardise things properly and this problem will
improve over time. C++ also has a much more complex ABI so it's going to
be more sensitive anyway.

Nick