Re: [gtkmm] Uncaught exception: gtkmm-2.4 and win32

Timothy M. Shead wrote:

Are you sure you compiled your example with the -mno-cygwin option ?
In fact, I had never heard of -mno-cygwin ... adding it does solve the issue for me. Looks like I've got some homework to do, as it does break the build on my real project, but many thanks!

* with -mno-cygwin : your program is linked against the MSVCRT win32 native runtime. This is also what you get with the mingw32 distribution (http://www.mingw.org) * without -mno-cygwin : your program is linked against the cygwin posix layer and requires the cygwin DLL. This means that you have access to unix-like functions (process control, posix threading, sockets/pipes). Your code can usually be ported "as-is" from linux. (Un-)fortunately, as you link against the GPL-ed cygwin DLL, your program must also follow the GPL (See http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_7.html#SEC132 for details).

My gtkmm binaries use the native win32 runtime and as such, are only compatible with programs compiled with either mingw32 or with cygwin-gcc + the "-mno-cygwin" option.

For a cygwin port of gtkmm (that requires a X11 server), see a recent thread (a few days ago) on the gtkmm mailing list.

Hope it helps.

Cedric