Re: Problems with glade - -

Benjamin Lau Wei Yii wrote:
Hello, I am using Win2k and the gtkmm Development Environment 2.4.5 from http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/gtkmm.html . I got the gtk+ runtime from http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1 <http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1> , downloading the file suffixed rc22. gtkmm installed successfully and I managed to compile a test application taken from the official tutorial. My problem: I did a user interface in glade and I tested that glade-- was on my path, but everytime I tried building the project from glade, it keeps on complaining that glade-- is not there. Also, when I attempted to build the interface from the command line, using `glade-- prj_name.glade`, glade-- exists but Windows generates an error, saying that glade-- has encountered an error and needs to be restarted (A dialog pops up). Can anyone tell me whether this is an error of my installation, or an error of glade--?

1. Make sure you use the latest version of my gtkmm binaries (at least gtkmm-2.4.5-3, or better the new gtkmm-2.4.5-4 installer with localization in english/french). I recently fixed a bug in glade-- (a getenv("HOME") that fails on win32 when the HOME variable is not defined). 2. Don't use project directories with whitespaces (say C:\My Documents\My GTK+ Projects\My nice application). glade does not like that when it execv's glade--.

Hope it helps

Cedric