Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm-2.4 DLLs + Demo + Examples on MSVC

Frank Naumann wrote:
> Do you enabled RTTI in the Visual Studio dll project? It's disabled by
> default (configurable under Project, Properties, C/C++, Language, Enable
> Run-Time Type Info). You need to enable it on all C++ libraries and
> targets that use the C++ runtime type info feature.

Daniel J. Lauk wrote:
Standard thoughts that come to me, when strange behavior occurs
(i.e. error messages that don't fit what they point at):

-> You might be mixing runtimes in MSVC (project options)
-> You might not have RTTI enabled in MSVC (project options)

Those two settings must be exactly the same for *all* components
or to put it straight: all libraries the project depends on must
use the same settings *and* the project itself has to use
exactly the same settings, too.

Many thanks to Frank and Daniel for the quick replies.

I'm familiar with this, and am re-re-checking all my project properties to ensure that everything is consistent.

This does raise one issue however, which is the choice of runtimes: the glibmm and gtkmm DLLs (and all the examples, and K-3D) are using the multithreaded debug dlls (debug build) / multithreaded dlls (release build). I have no idea whether this is the appropriate runtime to mix with the GTK+ dlls which are built with MinGW. Anyone have any experience with this? It seems pretty suspicious that this failure happens when Gtk::Container::add (MSVC) is calling gtk_container_add (MinGW). In the absence of any obvious configuration problems, I may have to try creating MSVC solution files for GTK+ next.

Cheers,
Tim