Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm-2.4 on MSVC

Cedric Gustin wrote:

There is something similar for MSVC. It is a tool called win32def that
is used by (at least) the mico project. It is supposed to generate a def
file automatically for you. Search for "mico" and "win32def" in google
for details. I haven't tested it though.

Anyhow, I REALLY think either Frank or Rene should have a look at
win32def before starting to modify the source code and add these ugly
__declspec(dllimport/dllexport).

I pulled the mico source and looked into win32def, but I don't think it's doing what you think - it's generating a def file based on the publicly-exported symbols in an existing DLL. In our case, we need to specify what those symbols should be, which is where dllexport/dllimport come in.

Cheers,
Tim