Re: Glib::Value

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 14:02:48 +0100, Kresimir Culin wrote:
> What is wrong with:
>
>  Glib::Value<int> vb;
>  vb.set(10);

I believe you have to call init() method before.

> btw I need some kind a variant class.
> is Glib::Value good choice?

It's a bit problematic. It does not have constructors from argument (ie.
the above would be nice written as Glib::Value<int> vb = 10, but that
does not work) nor cast operators (int val = vb won't work either).
The template nature makes it hard to construct Glib::Value from GValue.

Glib::ValueBase could be probably used as a base class, but you will
likely need some goodies on top of that. (I am thinking of doing
something similar sooner or later.)

						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>