Re: [gtkmm] the future of gtkmm

Paul Grenyer wrote:
That's good to hear!

I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but if you use smart pointersthen you don't need to worry about "clean up properly" as the RAII takes care of it for you. Also, if you've missed anywhere you should be catching exceptions then there is a potential for a leak.

As for waiting for other people to learn proper c++, don't get me started!

I'm encouraged though - my line manager, who's the head of the development team, is increasingly looking at me and saying 'what's the C++y way to do this?'

Usually it's something involving polymorphism, virtual method dispatch and/or templates, none of which he really understands yet. Working on it, although I'm not entirely sure I understand templates yet. They're more complicated than they look at first sight.

Between that and various developers (and the CEO) wanting my help with Perl on a regular basis, it's getting difficult to get any work done :-)

Somehow I think it's too early to sell anyone on smartpointers though.