Re: [gtkmm] the future of gtkmm

Hi

> We catch exceptions in some places and clean up appropriately, but
> I'm fairly sure there are places we're missing them, and places we
> don't clean up properly. This is one of the problems when half the
> development team are still learning proper C++.

That's good to hear!

I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but if you use smart
pointersthen you don't need to worry about "clean up properly" as the
RAII takes care of it for you. Also, if you've missed anywhere you
should be catching exceptions then there is a potential for a leak.

As for waiting for other people to learn proper c++, don't get me
started!

Regards
Paul

Paul Grenyer
Email: paul paulgrenyer co uk
Web: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk

Have you met Aeryn: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk/aeryn/?
Version 0.3.0 beta now available for download.