[gtkmm] Need advise

Hello there,

I have a couple of questions:

1) I am developping an app, which needs to display text in a window, as fast as possible (this is a logging app actually).
What is the fastest widget to do this ?
Is the TextView/Text Model efficient enough to do this ?

2) Is gtkmm/gtk+ thread safe ? I mean, can I call methods of an object created in thread A, from thread B ?

3) I am still unable to build gtkmm under AIX 4.3 using Visual Age C++ 6.0. Should I use gcc instead ? Is somebody using gtkmm under AIX 4.3 ?

Thanks for your advises
Ben