Re: [gtkmm] Need advise
- From: Matthew Walton <matthew alledora co uk>
- To: Benoît Touron <B Touron citb bull net>
- Cc: gtkmm-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gtkmm] Need advise
- Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:49:34 +0000
Benoît Touron wrote:
2) Is gtkmm/gtk+ thread safe ? I mean, can I call methods of an object
created in thread A, from thread B ?
No. You will cause much pain if you try and update gtkmm objects from
multiple threads. You'll have to have one thread which handles all GUI
actions. Glib::Dispatcher provides an interface suitable for allowing
the various threads to signal to each other so that worker threads may
request GUI updates.
] [Thread Prev