Re: [gtkmm] maybe it's a too easy question for you, but please help me

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 16:23, Akbar wrote:
> I remember I have installed gtkmm in Fedora few months ago. Why don't
> you use apt-get? I used that. And it worked for me. When I use
> Slackware, I had to encounter many issue when installing gtkmm library.

Really? After writting some rather simple scripts (examples can be found
in Slackware source directory), building Slackware packages of glibmm
and gtkmm (and not only) works without problems (current versions
2.3.X, perhaps alse 2.2.X, but I haven't treied them already for some time).
After that there are no problems to install freshly built packages.

I need them on several machines, so building binary packages is worth of
effort.

Attaching script here (from local HDD, last version built was 2.3.5, I'm
putting [1-9]a as build to distinguish between my and original packages.
Add also slack-desc file to put description in binary archive. Simple
modifications of this script would permit to use it with glibmm, gtk+ etc.

Andris