Re: [gtkmm] Actions / UIManager and OO programming style

Christer Palm wrote:
Murray Cumming wrote:

There are no public constructors because they are meant to be used via
RefPtr. There are protected constructors, so you can derive. If you need
an extra constructor then I would be happy to look at a patch.

I looked at the protected constructor but it didn't look too useful at the "user" level, neither is it documented [== a big warning sign saying "this is internal stuff - use at your own risk"]. I will spend some more time with it and see if I can make anything useful out of it, though.

OK - I've been playing around trying to derive from Gtk::Action using the Action(const Glib::ConstructParams& construct_params) constructor, but I can't figure how to do it properly. No wonder really, since I can't find a single line of documentation for that stuff.

Would it be possible for someone to provide me with a simple example of how this is properly done?

--
Christer Palm