Re: [gtkmm] Actions / UIManager and OO programming style

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 01:29 +0200, Christer Palm wrote:
> Hi!
> I've been working for a while with the new UIManager/Action classes, but
> I have some difficulty in finding the "right" way of using them.
>
> First of all, although I can connect a Button to an Action using
> connect_proxy(), it won't get the Icon specified by the Action. Neither
> can the Action create a button. It appears that it would be natural for
> Actions to provide the same support for Buttons as it does for MenuItems
> and ToolItems.

Yes, that would be nice. I don't know if it's meant to be possible, or
how you would do it. You might ask on gtk-list gnome org

> Second, Action doesn't have any useful public/protected constructors.

There are no public constructors because they are meant to be used via
RefPtr. There are protected constructors, so you can derive. If you need
an extra constructor then I would be happy to look at a patch.