Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm on debian

On Sunday 20 June 2004 06:33 am, you wrote:
> * John Taber <jtaber johntaber net> [2004-06-20 08:47:41]:
> > Tried to apt-get gtkmm 2.4 / glade on debian (unstable/Knoppix version)
> > 1) got lots of broken dependencies - have others done this successfully?
>
> Works fine for me. What errors are you getting?

Okay, thks for info - gtk wasn't installing due to gtk2-engines-qtpixmap - my
apt-get refused to download the gtk2-engines-qtpixmap (saying my files were
dependant on 2.2 instead of 2.4, ...whatever) - but I  got the deb file from
the mirrors (finally found it listed under q)  - then every thing installed
fine.

> > 2) this list has said to use libglademm 2.6 - this does not seem to be in
> > Debian yet - anyone have any luck here?
> You probably mean libglademm 2.4, which is in unstable.

well, I got confused with glade 2.6 using libglademm 2.4 - the different
library numbers throwing me off

Now, isn't the documentation also installed somewhere ? - I can't seem to find
it yet  (I wish there was a combined gtkmm/glade ide that had all this stuff
connected in one place - I'll try Anjuta)

John