Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm on debian

John Taber <jtaber johntaber net> writes:

[...]

> Okay, thks for info - gtk wasn't installing due to gtk2-engines-qtpixmap - my
> apt-get refused to download the gtk2-engines-qtpixmap (saying my files were
> dependant on 2.2 instead of 2.4, ...whatever) - but I  got the deb file from
> the mirrors (finally found it listed under q)  - then every thing installed
> fine.

IMHO, apt-get sort of sucks, because it is very difficult to resolve
conflicts. And you will encounter some of those if you use unstable.
I'd suggest you try Aptitude or Synaptic instead.

> Now, isn't the documentation also installed somewhere ? - I can't
> seem to find it yet (I wish there was a combined gtkmm/glade ide
> that had all this stuff connected in one place - I'll try Anjuta)

It's in a separate package with -doc appended (try 'apt-cache search
libgtkmm').

BTW, if you install the dhelp package, you can then visit

  file:///usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html

with a browser. Personally, I keep a bookmark to

  file:///usr/share/doc/HTML/programming/index.html

and exploit the type-ahead-find feature of Mozilla/Epiphany.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/