Re: [gtkmm] Probably a stupid Gtk+ question

Paul Davis wrote:

If Gtk+ is built on an object model, why did those folks go to such
(rumored to be) herculean lengths to build one in C, instead of just
using C++?  I can think perhaps language bindings had something to do,

a *lot* to do with it. binding scheme/perl/ruby/php/python to C++ is
to all effects and purposes so hard as to be impractical. when you add
in the instability of the C++ ABI, even if you loved C++, its a pretty
clear choice.

This is not particularly true. I've written python interfaces to pure C++ libraries without trauma. I don't think even FuzzyBaseClass isn't the problem that people claim it is.

njh