[gtkmm] How to make a toplevel window visible with a popup window

I'm trying to make a toplevel window visible for a popup window.

I've a popup window that gets all the visible area of the desktop and need to create another toplevel window when a certain event occurs.

I've tried to use the Gtk::Window::set_transient_for but as the main window is a derived class of Gtk::Window when a use:

this->toplevel_window->set_transient_for(popup_window);

the compiler says that it can't find a function like toplevel_window->set_transient_for(popup_window*&) and that the candidates are Gtk::Window::set_transient_for(Gtk::Window*&).

I've tried, also, Gdk::Window::set_transient_for(Gdk::Window) but it only works if the popup_window is a toplevel window.

Say “good-bye” to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/