Re: [gtkmm] TreeView Widget like Qt or Windows?

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 11:34, Andreas B. Thun wrote:
> > I don't know how you're setting up your TreeView, but my trees always
> > display with children underneath parents, indented slightly (but by a
> > fixed amount, not by the width of tha parent or indeed anything close to
> > it). What you say looks quite a lot like your children are being
> > displayed in another TreeViewColumn.
>
> Yes, I have set up a TreeModelColumn for parents and children each
> like in the example of GTKmm doc.
> Thought I have to, because it is not just a list ... ?!

So maybe it's a tree, so a single column should be fine.

It would only be a problem if the child items need different types of
information - for instance, if the parent row had columns for string,
int, pixbuf and the child rows had int, int, string. In fact that might
be doable, but let's see if that's what you need before getting into it.