Re: Signal handlers - please help to understand

HI Murray
Can you extract me from your news group as I have no interest in this area in the future thanks.
Tim

Murray Cumming wrote:

Murray Cumming wrote:

[...]

He seems to be asking about what happens when he emits his own custom
sigc::signal. sigc::signals don't use g_signal_emit(), or any part of
glib/gobject.

However, I have no idea what question is actually being asked here. Maybe
he is confused because "SIGIO" looks a bit like "signal", but he seems to
have written the code himself.

In manuals about system signals (SIGALRM, SIGIO...,SIGRTMIN...) is said
that signal
handlers for them should not execute any usefull code, they are intended
to set some flag
only. It's a recommended way to use them.
So I'm trying to solve this problem (because I need a lot to do when
those system signals
arrive)

I don't know anything at all whatsoever about that level of system
signals, but I can imagine that these system signal handlers are blocking,
and therefore should not do anything intensive. I can imagine that they
should just set some flag in shared memory that another process could poll
when that other process has a chance. Just guessing though. A mutex might
be a useful concept here.

by using sigc::signals to deliver received data for example. It
seems to work but
I'm not shure that I'm going in a proper way so this is why I ask about
it all here because
I don't quite understand how those (late) slots are working.
   Thanks for answering,
      Igor Gorbounov

www.openismus.com