Re: TreeView::append_column_numeric() format?

> On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 03:38, Murray Cumming wrote:
>> > Apologies for spamming with code, but here's a concrete working
>> example
>> > from the gtklink/cast libs.  The point of the classes is to update a
>> > variable when the widget changes, or to update the widget to reflect a
>> > new value.
>> >
>> > The class uses a parameterized Translator object to do the
>> translation,
>> > effectively allowing any type of variable to be represented (so long
>> as
>> > it can be (de)string-ified).
>> >
>> > I'm not sure how this fits specifically with the treemodel code, so
>> I'll
>> > take a look at that next.
>>
>> Is this in reply to my question?
>
> 'Maybe you've shown me a simple example of how method would look, but I
> can't find it now'

Actually I meant to quote where I asked what problems localizatoin with
printf-style formatting had, but you seemed to guess that.

> I don't have extensive experience with localization re:sprintf, so I
> couldn't say where it falls down.

I need to know that there's a bug before fixing it.

>  But isn't sprintf much more
> susceptible to buffer overruns as well?

I think I used snprintf(), which does not have this problem.

www.openismus.com