Re: [gtkmm] libglademm and gdb

Ole Laursen wrote:
Christer Palm <palm nogui se> writes:

If anyone know about a solution or a good workaround for this, I'd be
happy to know about it. It's rather hard to write anything but a
trivial application without beeing able to run it through the debugger!

Can't you just move the code to a member function temporarily?

Yep, that's what I'm doing now.

Unfortunately, even that doesn't work all the time. I guess it could be that g++ is inlining my function or something... Haven't investigated further yet. Also, single-stepping is close to useless as you'd have to be very careful not to step into a constructor. Apart from that, it's just a pain in the a** having to go back and change the code and rebuild everytime you need to see what's going on inside a constructor.

Well... Hopefully, the gdb guys will have it fixed soon...

--
Christer Palm