Re: [gtkmm] libglademm and gdb

Christer Palm wrote:

gdb seems to ignore my breakpoints! :-(

As I guess it's not only me that is seeing this problem;

After some research, it appears that this is a rather well-known bug in gdb [1]. It appears that gdb cannot properly set breakpoints in the constructor of classes derived from classes with virtual member functions(!). At least not in binaries compiled by GCC 3.x. All gtkmm implementation classes fall into this category I guess.

If anyone know about a solution or a good workaround for this, I'd be happy to know about it. It's rather hard to write anything but a trivial application without beeing able to run it through the debugger!

[1]:
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/gdb/PROBLEMS?content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src

--
Christer Palm