Re: [gtkmm] libglademm 2.1: get_widget_derived

Hups, this should have gone to the list.

Hi Murray,

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 03:09:04PM +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 14:40, Reinhard Katzmann wrote:
> > - It does not compile properly on my system (libtool problems).
> >   All so-extensions (didn't check static extensions) from the
> >   shared libraries were missing.
>
> That's a familiar problem. Thanks for telling me. I'll make a new
> tarball in a couple of days.

Downloaded, but did not test it up to now.

> >   There was no hint in NEWS or ChangeLog concerning the need
> >   for newer build tools...
>
> These build tools are not needed unless you are autogen.sh-ing, for
> instance when you work from cvs.

Hmm, I just did a simple rebuild for a rpm file (mandrake). The
only thing I noticed that the script calls libtool --copy --force.
But this seems to be done for all rpm packages by default...
(%configure macro). The same worked for the old version released
in February. That's the reason why I thought that the this is
related to old libtool version on my system <-> new libtool included
with libglademm.

> > - The version cannot be checked. I tried to find "2.1" but
> >   the version is still "2.0". It would be good to adapt the
> >   Makefiles to use the new version or else I would have to
> >   manually check for "get_widget_derived" in configure.in
>
> It works for me:
>
> $ pkg-config libglademm-2.0 --modversion
> 2.1.0

I do a
PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBGLADEMM2, libglademm-2.0,, exit)
Hmm, just read the man page. It seems I have todo
PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBGLADEMM2, libglademm-2.0 >= 2.1.0,, exit)
in my configure.in.

Will test this later...

> Notice that the name of the pkg-config file stays the same, because this
> will be API/ABI compatible with libglademm-2.0, with only API additions.

Yes, I noticed that to, because I can specify the API version in the
src.rpm file. So it was merely a syntactical problem ;-)

Regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: Pertergrin - a RPG system - http://pertergrin.berlios.de