Re: [gtkmm] Problems with Dev-C++ and gtkmm

Hi Cedric

New installation (dev-c++, gtkmm, gtk+ ...) since last posting, new mistake :-(
look here: http://people.freenet.de/olli666/gtkmm.gif

>Could you provide a log (I don't know if Dev-C++ can do this) of the g++/ld
>commands executed in the background ?

no, he canīt do this, but dev-c++ is generating a makefile ...

>1. Make sure gcc-3.2.x is used

itīs mingw32, coming with dev-c++ 4.9.8.0 ... higher version than 3.2.x ...

>2. The -mms-bitfields compiler option is required (but GTK+ should tell you
>at runtime if you forgot to compile your app with this option)

if you need it, i can send you the makefile dev-c++ is generating when I
compile the project ....

>You could also try the good old command line-based method with, for
>example, the msys distribution (available from www.mingw.org) and see if it
>works better. Can you compile/run one of the (many) gtkmm examples/demo ?

if Iīm fed up with dev-c++, Iīll give it a try ... :-)

Regards Olli

--
my icq:172670232

Suche CD's von Dixie Dregs, Baden Powell, Steve Morse,
Eric Johnson, Kenny Burell, Charles-Valentin Alkan

The Unchallenged - "Sceneries" CD is out now !!! ... thrash-
metal in the style of Death/Slayer/Cynic/old Kreator ... order
your copy from: powertrack web de ...10 Euro or 10 $ (+postage)
... visit us/hear some mp3's: http://www.mp3.com/the_unchallenged
or http://www.mp3.de/the_unchallenged ... we're looking for gigs
in 2003 ... http://www.the-unchallenged.de ... Metal - Fanzines
get in contact !!!