Re: [gtkmm] Custom TreeStore Problems

Christof Petig wrote:

It's not a sorting TreeStore but a sorted (I need to determine the right position myself (by binary search), then insert the node).

There's no way to avoid this if you want to transform a list into a tree by looking at similar columns and grouping them into a subtree.

Hm. yes of course. Sorry for the confusion - I missed the beginning of the thread I'm afraid.

Just curios - how do you perform a binary search when there's only a forward_iterator? Isn't that in fact pretty much the root to the TreeModel performance problems in general?

--
Christer Palm