Re: [gtkmm] Custom TreeStore Problems

darco schrieb:
I am trying to implement a Custom TreeStore using GtkMM. Unable to find

The source code to this example can be found here:
ftp://ftp.voria.net/pub/customtreestore.tar.gz (Or if you prefer http, use http://ftp.voria.net/pub/customtreestore.tar.gz )

The sourcecode is no longer accessible there. Can you repost it or send me a copy? I get the same gobject error.

Reason:
Porting our apps from gtk1 to gtk2 came to a halt when I realized that out use of TreeStore is many times slower than our custom Tree-like class which I mapped to a CList (with reasonably well performance).

Inserting 10k rows into a 4 column (text only!) treestore (no treeview attached!!!) takes 16s here (and I need more than 100k). I profiled for 2 days and only found out that the time is not spent in any of (my program,gtkmm,glibmm,pango,pangoft,gtk and some more I do not remember).

It _seems_ that using Children() and lower_bound (I'm creating a sorted tree out of multi column data (putting all items with a same column content into a subtree)) to find the correct place to insert is slow.

I also tried
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2003-March/msg00361.html
which I consider too slow for the things it tries to accomplish, too.

So I went on to measure a minimal! custom treestore implementation.
   Christof