[gtkmm] Buttons greyed till clicked on

Hi,

Thanks for announcing release of qtStu. I've updated it since, and moved
hard-coded options to the UI/conf-file, and included a deb-binary.

Problem:

Sometimes, after a re-exposure, the button widgets appear greyed or
transparent; but are re-painted correctly on right-clicking over
their position. What is likely to be the problem?

View-point(s):

Shouldn't there be an access function in classes derived from Gtk::Window
( FileSelection, FontSelection... ) so that application widgets can be
included ( like using Plug & Socket ) in the Window-container? I've done it
by accessing the VBox container in the wrapped Gtk structure of the Window,
but it took me some time to figure out that the added widget had to be
removed using a gtk-function ( or run-time assertion errors w.r.t to
Style occur on subsequent re-insertions of the application widget ) before
deleting the Window object.

By the way, the Plug/Socket pair of classes is great - in that it allows
a standalone development of plug-in UI extensions ( and some plugin
application extensions too ). Maybe it would be used more if the tedious
file-descriptor/data passing is also encapsulated?

- Grateful for any comments.

- arvind r.