RE: [gtkmm] Buttons greyed till clicked on

arvind acarlab com wrote:
> Sometimes, after a re-exposure, the button widgets appear
> greyed or transparent; but are re-painted correctly on
> right-clicking over their position. What is likely to be the problem?

I haven't seen that personally, but I notice that you are using gtkmm 1.2.
While there is no harm in that, it will be easier for people to help you if
you are using a more recent version.

Are you seeing this problem with other GTK+ 1.2 applications? Maybe you are
also using an unusual window manager or distro?

> Shouldn't there be an access function in classes derived from
> Gtk::Window ( FileSelection, FontSelection... ) so that
> application widgets can be included ( like using Plug &
> Socket ) in the Window-container? I've done it by accessing
> the VBox container in the wrapped Gtk structure of the
> Window, but it took me some time to figure out that the added
> widget had to be removed using a gtk-function ( or run-time
> assertion errors w.r.t to Style occur on subsequent
> re-insertions of the application widget ) before deleting the
> Window object.

I'm not going to discuss API changes to GTK+ 1.2. You might investigate
gtkmm 2.2 or 2.4 and ask again afterwards.

> By the way, the Plug/Socket pair of classes is great - in
> that it allows a standalone development of plug-in UI
> extensions ( and some plugin application extensions too ).
> Maybe it would be used more if the tedious
> file-descriptor/data passing is also encapsulated?

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you show us URLs of the relevant API
documentation?

Please try to ask one question at a time.

murrayc usa net