Re: [gtkmm] Using Entry widget !!!!

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 13:31, Ravi Dolas wrote:

Hi All,

I am new to gtkmm . I am just building the sample apps to learn gtkmm.
I am using glademm-2.0.0 and gtkmm-2.2.8.
When I try to use entry widget inside the button click callback function
i.e    entry2->set_text(_("Name"));
    It gives error thar entry1 undeclared.

I guess you mean "entry2". Could it be that it has not been declared?
This looks like a simple C++ error, and nothing to do with any
particular widget or class.

This looks like the usual FAQ: 'if you don't set the widget variable's visibility to protected/public you won't be able to access it'.

Perhaps I should make protected the default if the user does not care to specify any variable visibile for all widgets (shudder). But then users would never learn to specify their intentions.

   Christof