Re: [gtkmm] LIBRARY PATH - HOW TO SET ?

Pete,

Peter Moscatt wrote:
I have just recently got into the Linux work and running RH 9.0 under
the Gnome enviroment.

I am fairly new as well.

I want to program using Glade and use C++ instead of C.  I belive to
make all this work and compile I have to use install Gtkmm which I have
done.

I'm also using Glade, C++, and Anjuta for my IDE. I decided to use libglademm to load my user interface directly from the XML file.

In the project header files it includes:

#include <gtkmm/accelgroup.h>

I can see 'accelgroup.h' under /usr/local/include/gtkmm-2.0/gtkmm/

When I compile I get an error message saying it can't find
'gtkmm/accelgroup.h'

Obviously I need to set a PATH.  What path statement do I need to modify
?

I think it is the PKG_CONFIG_PATH that needs to be set.

After installing my packages on a clean RH9 system I added the following profile information in the /etc/profile.d directory:

$ pwd
/etc/profile.d
$ cat gtkmm.sh
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH
$ cat gtkmm.csh
setenv PKG_CONFIG_PATH /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

Now my intire team of programmers (ROTFLMAO) can each log on to their account and have a proper gtkmm environment ready to go. Actually there are two of us. I use tcsh and my partner uses bash, thus the duplicate setup in the profile directory.

Jeff

Pete