RE: [gtkmm] ANNOUNCE: gtkmm 2.2.2

> From: Igor Gorbounov [mailto:igorbounov voronezh serw ru]
> > g++ -g -o test `pkg-config --libs --cflags gtkmm-2.0` test.cpp
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtkmm-2.0
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Well, I've got just the same compilation error message under
> anjuta-1.1.1!
> I've changed my gtkmm.spec file so, that it packed *.1
> libraries file in a
> main .rpm file, and *.0 libraries - in .devel.rpm. The previous gtkmm
> package
> was rpm, too, so it was cleanly uninstalled.
> After that error I've deinstalled my gtkmm-2.2.2-1.rpm and devel.rpm
> packages
> and installed gtkmm in a traditional way (configure, make, make
> install). Now
> compilation of a test program is ok. So, what's wrong with
> those libraries?
> Mathias from freshrpms.net hasn't build a new rpm package
> yet, so I have
> no ideas at all about building 2.2.2 rpms in a right way.
>     Igor Gorbounov

So are you saying that there is no problem with the normal configure/make,
but only a problem with the rpm spec file? Could you tell us what distro you
are using and what version of libtool you have installed. I'm just trying to
gather data points to make sense of this.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net