Re: [gtkmm] Win32 and (maybe) Visual Studio

At 07:58 PM 3/19/2003 -0500, Jim Stack wrote:
Does anyone know of a decent guide to help me get started using Gtkmm under
Win32?

With the increasing number of people interested in my port of gtkmm on win32 (and the increasing number of messages I receive from people having problems), I guess I'll have to write a short one... Except if somebody else would like to volunteer...

I am trying to get this set up for a small team of programmers, so I would
like it to be as painless as possible... I need to repeat the proces. :-)
Ultimately, my goal would be to use it from within Visual Studio, since
some of the others are balking about losing VS. However, I could also
substitute any other useable IDE under Win32.

No way you'll be able to use gtkmm with Visual C++ (hint : non-conforming C++ compiler, partial template specialization, definition of templated methods outside the class declaration,...). If you really want an IDE, you should have a look at Dev-C++ (http://www.bloodshed.net/).

Cedric