[gtkmm] Changing mouse cursor appearance in a Gtk::Window?

I haven't been able to find a good example on how to change the appearance of the mouse cursor on top of specific Gtk::Windows or even Gtk::Widgets.

I'm working on an opensource non-linear editor using gtkmm and in the future gstreamermm. I'll be releasing something in a few months...

I've looked at the documentation and there are some functions on how to do this on a Gdk::Window - set_cursor() - or something like that. And then there's a list of some stock cursors in GDK::. Gtk::Window is not derived from Gdk::Window so I tried to derive my window from Gtk::Window AND Gdk::Window. This ofcourse resulted that functions like maximize() and all the functions that were the same for both of them were generating errors while compiling. I'm not very experienced on multiple inheritance but maybe this could've been overridden by some Gtk::Window::maximize() and Gdk::Window::set_cursor() type stuff. But I really didn't know how to do it properly.

So, is there a standard way of changing the appearance of the cursor. I'd like to try out the stock cursors, but I'd also like to use some of my own. Maybe some function that would make a cursor from Gdk::pixmap or even better Gtk::Image.

Thank you for reading...
Joonas Kiviharju
joonas kiviharju gtkmm satelliittipupu cjb net

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger