From: Joonas Kiviharju [mailto:satelliittipupu yahoo co uk]
Sent: Montag, 23. Juni 2003 14:31
To: gtkmm-list gnome org
Subject: [gtkmm] Changing mouse cursor appearance in a Gtk::Window?

I haven't been able to find a good example on how to change the appearance
of the mouse cursor on top of specific Gtk::Windows or even Gtk::Widgets.

I'm working on an opensource non-linear editor using gtkmm and in the future
gstreamermm. I'll be releasing something in a few months...

I've looked at the documentation and there are some functions on how to do
this on a Gdk::Window - set_cursor() - or something like that. And then
there's a list of some stock cursors in GDK::. Gtk::Window is not derived
from Gdk::Window so I tried to derive my window from Gtk::Window AND
Gdk::Window. This ofcourse resulted that functions like maximize() and all
the functions that were the same for both of them were generating errors
while compiling. I'm not very experienced on multiple inheritance but maybe
this could've been overridden by some Gtk::Window::maximize() and
Gdk::Window::set_cursor() type stuff. But I really didn't know how to do it
properly.

So, is there a standard way of changing the appearance of the cursor. I'd
like to try out the stock cursors, but I'd also like to use some of my own.
Maybe some function that would make a cursor from Gdk::pixmap or even better
Gtk::Image.

Thank you for reading...
Joonas Kiviharju
joonas kiviharju gtkmm satelliittipupu cjb net

Messenger