Re: [gtkmm] Questions and information

On Sunday 22 June 2003 1:56 pm, Andrew wrote:

[snip]

> I'm suspicious about C API stability... Have you ever tried to compile gtk
> 2.2 stuff with gtk 2.0? I tried to compile an application I wrote and I
> discovered that "g_lib_xxx" was not present in the 2.0 C libraries.

Compatibility is from earlier version to later version.  That is, anything
that compiles with Gtk+ 2.0 should compile with Gtk+ 2.2.  It would be silly
to try to guarantee the reverse, or you could never make API additions.

You should write your programs against the earliest version of Gtk+ 2 which
you want to make a prerequisite (and which you should check against in your
configure script).

Chris.