[gtkmm] target system dependencies

I am developing a GUI app for a low resource embedded system. The app is
being compiled on a development system.

My question is this: what do I need to install on the target system in
order to run the app. Do I need to do a full gtkmm install? Or can I
just copy in the shared libraries? Is there a way to statically compile
into the program the necessary libraries?

I'm new to these sort of things so thank you for your help.

--
Peter Gasper <pgasper designadvantage com>