[gtkmm] Gtkmm build reproduceability.

Hi,

I am sorry if you have answered this question before, I have read the
mailing list archive but I couldn't find anything appropriate.

I am using gtkmm-1.2.3 (for linux) in an embedded product.
We have to prove that builds are reproducable, using md5sum checksums.
When building gtkmm-1.2.3 I notice that container.lo is different every
time. This eventually gets into the libgtkmm-1.2.so.0.1.0 so the checksum of
this library is different after each build, and our Software Test Group are
not happy - they want to prove that the build is reproducable.
This is the only file which is different (with respect to gtkmm).

Any advice or description on how to overcome this would be very welcome.

Kind regards

Nick

_________________________
Nick Thomas