[gtkmm] Gtk::Main::runOneRound() or Gtk::Main::run() hook

Hello,

Is there a way to run a gtkmm-2 application through an external main
loop? Specifically, I want to have my own main loop and then call
explicitly a Gtk::Main::runOneRound() function for each iteration;
for example:

	InitComponentInterface();
        Gtk::Main::initialize();

	while (!IsComponentDestroyed()) {
		Gtk::Main::runOneRound();
		RemoteDevice::MainLoopOneRound();
	}

or as an alternative is there a way to register a callback function,
so that it can be run from the Gtk main loop in each iteration ?, so
I can do:
        Gtk::Main::runHook(&RemoteDevice::MainLoopOneRound);
        Gtk::Main::run();

If the above constructs are not within the capabilities of the API,
can you please give me some tips on elegantly implementing and
handling the above case with gtkmm-2 ? Do you plan to add such a
capability to a next revision of the API ?

Thanks in advance,

Giannis

--
question = ( to ) ? be : ! be;