Re: [gtkmm] Addressing a TreeView cell without using TreeModel

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 06:49, Igor Gorbounov wrote:
Hi, All!
I need a sheet-like table with programmatically changeable number of columns.

You need to create a new model for this, and use TreeView::set_model().
If you are changing the number of columns then you probably do want to
change all the data anyway, so this makes sense.
But can I change the model after its constructor has worked? I've tried
something like:
Gtk::TreeModelColumn<Glib::ustring> param[20]; - in a model class declaration,
and:
for (unsigned int i = 0; i < 20; i++)
       add(param[i]);  in a model constructor,
it works, but it looks somewhat ugly.
I can set this "20" number to be reasonably high, so it would never be
exceeded, but maybe there is a more beautiful way?
[...]

You mean you are adding TreeViewColumns that are not linked to any model
columns? I have never heard of that and I don't know if it should work.
You might ask on the GTK+ list about that kind of hackery. I'm not sure
what the point would be though.
Well, I do not stick to it, too, if there is a way to handle a treemodel flexibly.

And then, can the first column be fixed on its place while scrolling
horizontally?
   Thanks in advance.
      Igor Gorbounov