Re: [gtkmm] Addressing a TreeView cell without using TreeModel

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 06:49, Igor Gorbounov wrote:
> Hi, All!
> I need a sheet-like table with programmatically changeable number of
> columns.

You need to create a new model for this, and use TreeView::set_model().
If you are changing the number of columns then you probably do want to
change all the data anyway, so this makes sense.

I do this in glom, with the added complication that the model column
_types_ are determined at runtime too. It's not all that pleasant but it
works.

> So I'm trying to do without any TreeModel, just adding TreeViewColumns with
> CellRendererTexts to my TreeView. But how can I add rows?

You mean you are adding TreeViewColumns that are not linked to any model
columns? I have never heard of that and I don't know if it should work.
You might ask on the GTK+ list about that kind of hackery. I'm not sure
what the point would be though.