Re: [gtkmm] TreeModelColumn associated with a TreeViewColumn ?

On Fre, 2003-01-10 at 00:22, Jarek Dukat wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 22:38, Liza Klerck wrote:
> > How do I retrieve the Gtk::TreeViewColumn associated with a
> > Gtk::TreeModelColumn after the TreeViewColumn has already been created ?
>
> Liza, have you tried looking at Gtkmm TreeView docs? It is all there...
> http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/gtkmm2/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1TreeView.html
>
> TreeViewColumn* TreeView::get_column (int n);
> CellRenderer* TreeView::get_column_cell_renderer (int n);
> Glib::ListHandle<TreeViewColumn*> TreeView::get_columns ();
> And const versions of these methods of course.

Well, that's actually not what she wants.  The int n denotes the view
column index, not the model column index.

Liza, I think it's a bad idea to try to retrieve the view column from
the model column.  It breaks the model/view separation, and I can't
imagine a situation where it might be useful.  Could you tell us what
your code is about?  That would help to find an appropriate way to do
it.

--Daniel