Re: [gtkmm] 2.2.0 soon and 2.4 plans
- From: murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming)
- To: Chris Vine <chris cvine freeserve co uk>
- Cc: gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [gtkmm] 2.2.0 soon and 2.4 plans
- Date: 04 Jan 2003 22:35:00 +0100
On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 22:35, Chris Vine wrote:
> On Thursday 02 January 2003 2:00 pm, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > If libsigc++ 2.0 is ready and suitable then we will use it. libsigc++
> > seems to be becoming more like the boost signals stuff, but boost is
> > just a testing library that can not be a dependency, so we couldn't use
> > its stuff until it becomes part of the real C++ standard library.
> Lots of people use boost, particularly the smart pointers.
> If it is useful, package it (most boost stuff is in a BSD-type licence). I am
> not suggesting you should, but saying it couldn't be used until it is in the
> standard is very limp.
boost is not a stable dependency, and forking it would be extreme and
murray usa net
] [Thread Prev